MICAMade Marketplace Policies and Procedures
Users can find a downloadable PDF copy of the MICAMade Marketplace Policies and Procedures here: https://assets.mica.edu/files/resources/mom-policies-and-procedures-2020-11-10.pdf
This policy describes how and when the MICAMade Online Marketplace (“it”, “its”) collects, uses, and shares information when you purchase an item from MICAMade Online Marketplace (micamade.mica.edu), contact it, or otherwise use its services through micamade.mica.com or its related sites and services.
Both sellers and customers agree that by purchasing an item from MICAMade Online Marketplace or otherwise interacting with the MICAMade Online Marketplace, they have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by all of the terms of this policy. If you do not agree, you must leave the MICAMade Online Marketplace site immediately.
The MICAMade Online Marketplace may change this policy from time to time. If changes are made, sellers and customers will be notified by the method outlined in the MICAMade Online Marketplace’s Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that the MICAMade Online Marketplace does not own or control, including any third party services sellers and customers access through the MICAMade Online Marketplace. Sellers and customers can reference Section-2 Vendors Policies of the MICAMade Online Marketplace Policies and Procedures document, to learn more about our third parties’ privacy policies.
Additionally, the MICAMade Online Marketplace will make every reasonable effort to inform both sellers and customers when it interacts with third parties with their information; however, they are solely responsible for reviewing, understanding, and agreeing to or not agreeing to any third-party privacy policies.
1.10.1 - Information the MICAMade Online Marketplace Collects
To fulfill an order, customers must provide the MICAMade Online Marketplace with certain information (which they authorized My Marketplace Builder and Stripe Connect to provide to the MICAMade Online Marketplace), such as their name, e-mail address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that they are ordering. They may also choose to provide it with additional personal information from time to time if they contact the MICAMade Online Marketplace directly.
1.10.2 - Why Seller and Customer Information is Needed and How the MICAMade Online Marketplace Uses It
The MICAMade Online Marketplace collects, uses, and shares sellers and customers information in several legally-permissible ways, including:
- As needed to provide its services, such as when the MICAMade Online Marketplace uses their information to fulfill customers’ order, to settle disputes, or to provide both sellers and customers with support;
- When sellers and customers have provided their affirmative consent, which they may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list or to receive notifications from the marketplace;
- If necessary to comply with a court order or legal obligation, such as retaining information about a customer’s purchases if required by tax law; and
1.10.3 - Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting its customers’ personal information is crucially important to the MICAMade Online Marketplace and something it takes very seriously. For these reasons, it shares customers and sellers’ personal information only for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- With My Marketplace Builder: It shares your information as necessary to provide both sellers and customers services and comply with obligations under the and My Marketplace Builder’s Terms and Conditions.
- Customers’ information is shared with the seller they are purchasing items from, selling through the MICAMade Online Marketplace, it shares the purchased items from that seller, name address, and other information needed to fulfill the customer’s purchase.
- With Third-Party Service Providers: the MICAMade Online Marketplace engages the following trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to the MICAMade Online Marketplace:
- Google Analytics, which helps us understand how visitors browse the MICAMade Online Marketplace.
- Customers and sellers can read more about how Google uses their Personal Information here.
- Customers and sellers can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Stripe.com, Credit Card Services
- Constant Contact, Email services & Customer & Vendor database
The MICAMade Online Marketplace shares customers and sellers personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services;
- In the Event of a Business Transfer. If the MICAMade Online Marketplace sells or merges its business, it may disclose customers’ and sellers’ information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- In Compliance with Laws. The MICAMade Online Marketplace may collect, use, retain, and share customer and sellers information if they have a good faith belief that doing so is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) perform legal obligations to which it is bound by agreements; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of sellers, customers, or others.
1.10.4 - How Long is Information Stored
The MICAMade Online Marketplace retains customers’ and sellers’ personal information only for as long as necessary to provide them with its services and as otherwise described in this policy. However, the MICAMade Online Marketplace may also be required to retain this information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce or perform under its policies and procedures. Generally, data is kept for the following period: five (5) years.
1.10.5 - Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
The MICAMade Online Marketplace may store and process customers’ and sellers’ information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, it may transfer their personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than their jurisdiction has. If the MICAMade Online Marketplace is required to transfer information about a customer or seller outside of the EU, it relies on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
1.10.6 - Customer and Seller Rights
If a customer or seller resides in certain territories, including the EU, they have a number of rights concerning their personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are as follows:
- Right to Access. Customers and sellers may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information the MICAMade Online Marketplace holds about them by contacting it.
- Right to Change, Restrict, or Delete. Customers and sellers may also have the right to change, restrict the MICAMade Online Marketplace’s use of, or delete their personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as where it is required to store information for legal reasons) The MICAMade Online Marketplace will generally delete customers’ and sellers’ personal information upon your request.
- Right to Object. Customers and sellers can object to (a) the MICAMade Online Marketplace processing some of their information based on legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from it. In such cases, the MICAMade Online Marketplace will delete their personal information unless it has compelling and legitimate grounds to continue storing and using their information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Right to Complain. If a customer or seller resides in the EU and wishes to raise a concern about the MICAMade Online Marketplace’s use of their information (and without prejudice to any other rights it may have), they have the right to do so with their local data protection authority.
For any questions please contact the MICAMade Manager at email@example.com.